Over 305,000 children are served annually in North and South Carolina by over 2,200 trained medical providers in over 525 participating clinics and hospitals.
We’re thrilled to announce our Continuing Medical Education Program that offers additional professional development opportunities to our network of ROR medical providers, learners and supporters CME for some courses in Pathwight, our online learning community.
This Enduring Material activity, Reach Out and Read Online Modules, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 05/01/2019. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Each Reach Out and Read Carolinas online module will vary in credits awarded based on the length of the module. Maximum credits for each module will be indicated at the beginning of the course and a certificate of completion will be provided to participants at the end of each module.
Interested in Starting a Reach Out and Read Program?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) have officially endorsed the Reach Out and Read model of early literacy promotion.
- Go to Start A Program for an overview of the application process.
- Connect with the Program Specialist in your region
- Register at Program Login to get started.
- Applications are reviewed the third week of each month.
Resources: Click below to view and download additional materials
- Developmental Milestones (English)/(Spanish)
- Research Summary
- Doctor-Recommended Books for Children and Parents
- Code Card
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Strengthening Families
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Brain Development
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Workforce Readiness
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Health and Education
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + School Readiness
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Social Determinants of Health
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Toxic Stress
- Beyond Medicine: Reach Out and Read + Community Partnerships
Training: Click to view documents and scroll for videos
Two-Month Visit | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Four-Month Visit | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Fifteen-Month Visit | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Short Visit | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Residency Training | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Busy Parent | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Throughout the Clinic | Reach Out and Read Training Video
Blog Posts for The New York Times by Reach Out and Read National Medical Director, Dr. Perri Klass.
- Poverty as a Childhood Disease
- Hearing Bilingual: How Babies Sort Out Language
- The Effect of Early Music Lessons on Brain Development
Join Pathwright, our online community, for continued learning, updated research, and connectivity for providers and practitioners across the ROR Carolinas network.